1. Whom do we call if something goes wrong?
Call us (+39 338 2649951 – please note that this number is on WhatsApp too, so you may text-message me!) . We are happy to help and don’t get annoyed by questions & requests! It’s very, very rare for us to have a problem which can’t be solved. Indeed, it’s very rare to have a problem at all. But if you encounter something that needs attention, first call us or tell us. We live only 10 meters away from the Villa and so we may reach you within 1 minute!
2. There’s one thing we care about above all – cleanliness. Are the apartments delivered clean?
Yes!!! We can’t tell you how often we’ve heard this question. Though we have bitten our tongues a thousand times, the comment we have always been tempted to make in response is, “Oh, we’re very sorry. All of the places we rent are filthy ratholes. Please go elsewhere.” The fact is that our apartments are clean. Be sure, that at our place, it is clean under the beds too! But please consider that is simply not possible for an owner or a housekeeper, with just a few hours between renters, to control the cleanliness of every single fork. Everyone does his very best, but there are real limits. However, we really do our best and we believe to be at a very high standard for cleaness.
3. How does garbage get collected?
It doesn’t. Garbage is not picked up from one’s door. The Villa is provided with bins for separating the waste (glass, plastic, paper, etc.). We will take care of the bins once full. We recommend to our guests to separate the garbage.
4. Can we have some food shopping done for us and the items put into our rental for when we arrive?
YES and the supplies should be paid for immediately. Ask us. There are some basic initial supplies in all the rentals. See below, Will there be soap and toilet paper? If we do arrange for provisions on your behalf, please pay for them upon your arrival without being asked to do so.
5. Can we have a dinner prepared for us when we arrive?
Yes, you may have it, but we need at least 10 days notice in advance. You may arrange it directly with our trusted chef Leonardo by emailing him to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him at ++39 340 2846153 (or contact his assistant Monica at ++39 349 8367848). Do NOT forget to inform him that you are staying at Podere Le Rondini upon contacting him, so that he will reserve to you a good price!
6. We’d like a fresh set of towels each day. Can we arrange that?
Yes, but this is an extra service to pay for. On the other hand, the norm is that you get one set of towels (one bath towel, one hand towel, and one face towel) per person which are meant to last the week. If your stay is for longer than one week, the towels will be changed at the end of each week.
7. How often are bed linens changed? Can we have them changed more often?
Once at the end of each week. If you want to change them at mid-week or daily, it is possible, but again, it is an extra service to pay for.
8. Will there be soap and toilet paper?
Yes. But this is not a hotel. These are self-catering accommodations. The rule is: replace what you use, and if you run out, go buy it yourself. We provide a small initial supply of soap, toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, dishwashing detergent, salt and pepper, sugar, teabags, one bottle of water.
9. We’re planning to bring our laptop computer. Can we hook it up in the rental?
Yes, we will give you a Wi-Fi high-speed connection to surf on your laptop. We also have, at the reception desk, a PC connected to Internet that you may use. If you have trouble connecting, call us.
10. We’re not bringing a computer. Will the house have one so that we can check our email?
Yes, read above.
11. Will/Can the apartments have…
- Washing Machine. No, but we provide laundry service: you will give us your dirty clothes and we will wash and dry them. Price is 8 euro each washing (max 7 kilos of clothes each washing).
- Clothes Dryer. No. Italians don’t believe in them, preferring to hang clothes out in the open air or, in inclement weather, on drying racks inside.
- Dishwasher. YES.
- Hairdryer. YES, in each bathroom.
- Iron and Ironing Board. YES.
- American coffee maker. YES.
- Baby’s crib/cot and/or highchair. YES. Baby’s cribs (in England, “cots”) are available. They are provided for free. Highchairs are provided too. Better if you request them on booking, so we are sure to keep them for you!
12. I need air-conditioning: do you provide it?
Yes. We provide on request airco-portable-units to install inside the Colonica Villa or the apartments. Usually in the Colonica Villa, for example, two airco-units are sufficient, but if you want to be sure, you may rent 3 of them. They are placed in the living-room at the upper floor, then in the living-room at the lower floor, and , if you rent the third, that will be placed in the dining-room at the lower floor. They are sufficient to keep the temperature inside around 22/23 Celsius degrees. Regarding the air conditioning units, here are the costs (for weekly rental):
- Rent of 1 unit for 7 nights: 140 Euro in total
- Rent of 2 units for 7 nights: 275 Euro in total
- Rent of 3 units for 7 nights: 350 Euro in total
We also remind you that each bedroom has fans. Usually our guests are okay even withour air-co, as you may read from the comments on TripAdvisor , but if you want to be sure, you may rent the airco units.
13. We’d like to rent a bike or participate in a bike tour: can you organize that?
Yes. We recommend you to contact directly our trusted agency specialized in bike tours, specifying that you are writing from Podere Le Rondini in Poppiano, Montespertoli, so they will reserve you a good price. The agency website is: www.ontheroadinchianti.com. The email is: email@example.com. Ask for Alessio, he is really great!
14. We’d like to rent a van or a car: can you organize that?
Yes. We recommend you to contact directly our trusted agency specialized in van and car rental, specifying that you are writing from Podere Le Rondini in Poppiano, Montespertoli, so they will reserve you a good price. They can deliver the van/car at our Villa, if you prefer, or they can come to the Florence Airport or the Florence Central Train Station to deliver the car/van to you. The agency website is: www.rossirent.com. Advanced booking is mandatory.
15. We’d like to do a wine tasting + visit at your own cellars: can you organize that?
Yes. We do not need advanced notice for this, it can be decided even once you will arrive at our Villa. Prices for visit at the cellars & wine tasting at our cellars is 15 Euro/each person.
16. We’d like to do a wine tasting + visit at other Chianti farms: can you organize that?
Yes. We recommend you to contact directly our trusted agency specialized in wine tours & tastings on a van with driver, specifying that you are writing from Podere Le Rondini in Poppiano, Montespertoli, so they will reserve you a good price. They will come to pick you up at our Villa to start the tour. The agency website is: www.guidos-tours.it; email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Advanced booking is mandatory.
17. How far are the nearest train stations and airports?
The nearest train station is in the town of Castelfiorentino and it is 9 km far. The nearest airport is in Florence (FLR-Amerigo Vespucci) and it is 30 km far. Pisa Airport is not that far as well, 60 km far, around 1 hour driving by car.
18. We’d like to do a cooking class on Tuscan food: can you organize that?
Yes. We may organize a “professional cooking class” done by a well-known chef, you may take arrangements directly with our trusted chef Leonardo, writing him at: email@example.com or phone him at ++39 340 2846153 (or contact his assistant Monica at ++39 349 8367848). His cooking class will end with the dinner, tasting what you have prepared plus something else offered by Leonardo. Advanced booking is mandatory. Do NOT forget to inform him that you are staying at Podere Le Rondini upon contacting him, so that he will reserve to you a good price!
19. How far is the nearest supermarket?
The village of Montespertoli is 4 km far, where you may find supermarkets, restaurants, pizzerias, banks, chemistries, and so on.
20. How far are the main touristic destinations?
Florence is 25 km far; San Gimignano is 24 km far; Siena is 48 km far; Pisa is 63 km far; Lucca is 70 km far; Volterra is 45 km far; Arezzo is 100 km far; Massa Carrara is 135 km far; Forte dei Marmi is 100 km far; Rome is 300 km far; Milan is 310 km far. The famous places where the well-known Chianti Classico Red-Wine is produced – such as Greve, Panzano, Radda – can be easily reached through charming, panoramic roads (about 35 km driving).
21. Can we organize a wedding at your property?
Yes. We are in partnership with a great wedding-planner-agency. You should contact them directly and say that you are staying at Podere Le Rondini: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see more at: http://www.rmglamourricevimenti.com .They may provide you with all the advices you may need.
22. Can we book a guide/cicerone for Florence, Siena or other cities?
Yes. We are in partnership with a great touristic guide for showing you Florence, Siena and other important Tuscan towns. Advanced booking is requested (at least 10 days in advance). We may book it for you, contact us for prices and more information.
23. How do we reach the Villa? We need driving directions!
First of all you may locate our villa going on Google Maps and searching for “Podere le Rondini, Montespertoli, Firenze, Italy”. Here are also some driving directions: On the Highway A1 exit “Firenze-Scandicci”. Take the Superway SGC-Firenze-Pisa-Livorno (or FI-PI-LI) and exit “Ginestra Fiorentina”, then turn right following the direction to “Montespertoli” onto the SP80. Follow this road for about 7 km and, once arrived in the village of Baccaiano, then turn right onto “Via Volterrana (SP4)” and after 300 m turn left following the direction to “Certaldo-Fornacette”. After 1,5 km turn left following the directions to “Poppiano” and remain on this road: the entrance to PODERE LE RONDINI is the first gate on the left, at n.1. Welcome!
24. Do we get some maps and information upon arrival?
The check-in & keys pick-up is with the owners (Mr Nicola will usually take care of it), who will provide you with tourists information and regional maps. If you have any questions or special needs, do not hesitate to ask to Nicola, who will be glad to help and answer you, during the check-in, before or during your stay. Her mobile number is a WhatsApp number too, so you may also text her anytime at: 0039 338 2649951 ; or send her an email at: email@example.com.
25. Can we book an horseback ride in the countryside?
Yes. We are in partnership with an horse-riding center that is placed 5 minutes driving far from our Villa. Adults may book an horseback ride in the Chianti countryside: 35 Euro/each adult (the ride will last around 1 hour). Advanced booking is requested (at least 7 days in advance). Children can only ride inside the center, on a pony. You may book directly at Toscana Equitazione at ++39 335 318295 (Antonella) or ++39 338 6727012 (Gloria) or visit the website: www.toscanaequitazione.it.
26. Can we book an hot air baloon experience?
27. Can we book a “One day in search of truffles” experience?
We recommend you to contact directly our trusted agency specialized in this experience, specifying that you are writing from Podere Le Rondini in Poppiano, Montespertoli, so they will reserve you a good price. The agency website is: www.ontheroadinchianti.com. The email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. Can we book a driver to go to the world-famous fashion shopping outlet “The Mall”?
Yes. You may book a tour that guarantees you 4 full hours of shopping at “The Mall” and 2 hours at “Prada” outlet. The Mall (www.themall.it) is a world-famous luxury outlet centre where you may shop the top fashion brands at very good/bargain prices in the immaculate boutiques of Giorgio Armani, Alexander McQueen, Fendi, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tod’s, Valentino, Dior, Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney, Dior and many many other top brands! We recommend you to contact directly our trusted agency specialized in this tour, specifying that you are writing from Podere Le Rondini in Poppiano, Montespertoli, so they will reserve you a good price. They will come to pick you up at our Villa to start the tour. The agency website is: www.guidos-tours.it; email is email@example.com. Advanced booking is mandatory.